Wednesday, August 31, 2011

RPG Chopshop V: PDQ Exalted

Exalted is a game I desperately love but have never really played beyond the occasional game that dies before the second session comes round. Despite that I've got a heaping collection of Exalted books and I've always enjoyed the setting and characters. However, one of the biggest stumbling blocks for me was the system which always seemed a bit clunky and easily unbalanced. 

So a few years ago I basically recreated Exalted for the PDQ system. Now, let me preface this with saying that this was written quite a while ago and I don't think I'd actually use this system to run Exalted if I were to play a game right now. I'd still use PDQ but I'd probably try and develop a more flexible, free-form charm system rather than going through the books and converting every single charm out there.

But I put a lot of work into these, so hopefully some people get some use out of it and I think it's still far better than the core system for Exalted.

Solars and Lunars
Dragon-blooded

No comments:

Post a Comment