Monday, July 18, 2011

RPG Chopshop

I'm a relentless collector of role-playing systems and settings. I've got tons of books that I know I will never be able to use but for some reason I keep getting more. This has led to some mad-science experiments in modifying systems, swapping systems and settings and merging different design elements to create super-games.

So I'll be doing some RPG Chopshop posts from time to time to share the results of some of my experiments. The first one involves the video game Costume Quest. I'm a big fan of Double Fine games in general and I loved the hell out of Costume Quest and for some reason I decided I needed to create a set of rules for playing it as a tabletop RPG.

For the core system I'm using PDQ (from the very fine Atomic Sock Monkey Press). The core rules are available for free and it's one of my favorite role-playing systems (in fact I'm working on a couple of full games for that system, I'll post more on those as I make progress). So therefore I present Costume Quest, the Tabletop edition!

Here you go

No comments:

Post a Comment