Thursday, April 5, 2012

This is awful

http://io9.com/5881462/publishers-destroy-scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-darks-amazing-artwork

I loved the art from the original scary stories books. Admittedly it's pretty messed up for kids...but look at me I'm hardly damaged at all. Hell, the art was what made those books interesting at all! Heck, it's the only reason I actually remember them and still own a set, otherwise it's just a collection of fairly forgettable ghost stories.

Don't get me wrong, the new art is far from terrible but it is not the nightmare fuel that the original was.

*Grumble* *grumble*

1 comment:

  1. Son of a... Sometimes you wonder how a publisher could be so clueless that they don't get what it is that made the book so popular in the first place. Anytime these anthologies come up its Stephen Gammel's art that everyone remembers (for me it's that creepy rat-creature).

    ReplyDelete